We serving a God who is multifaceted, there is no searching of His understanding, He is the all knowing God.
People tend to call God diverse of names just to show and express how mighty He is. Great men in the bible who encountered God gave him a particular name just to show the wondrous work He did.
In Genesis 22 vs 14, Abraham encountered God when he was about sacrificing his only son, Isaac. God brought an alternative: a Ram and Abraham called him JEHOVAH JIREH which means THE LORD MY PROVIDER.
There is way God will change your story that you can’t just afford to call him God alone but you call him in line with what or how you encountered Him.
Like me writing this article, I call Him JEHOVAH DUNAMIS (The God Of Power). If i know nothing else, i know this one.
The God that sits in the beginning and same time sits at the end.
The God that can use a basket to fetch water from the river,
He has the power to use an egg to break the shell of a palm nut. The God of possibilities.
Different Names Of God and their Meanings
- Jehovah Rapha : The lord our Healer.(exodus 15 vs 26)
- Jehovah jireh: The lord my provider.(Gen 22 vs 14)
- Jehovah Rohi: The lord my shepherd.(Psalm 23 vs 1)
- Jehovah Elohim: The eternal Creator, God. (Gen 1 vs 1 )
- Jehovah Nissi: The lord my banner. ( exodus 17 vs 15)
- Jehovah Hoseenu: The lord my marker( Psalm 95 )
- Jehovah Adonai: The Sovereign God. (Isaiah 9 vs 6)
- Jehovah El-shaddai: The All sufficient God. (Genesis 17 vs 11)
- Jehovah Eloheenu: The lord My God. (psalms 95 vs 5)
- Jehovah Sabaoath: The lord of Host. (1st Samuel 1 vs 3)
- Jehovah Shalom: The lord my peace. ( Judges 6 vs 24)
- Jehovah Elyon: The most High God. ( Genesis 14 vs 18)
- Jehovah Elolam: The everlasting God. (Genesis 21 vs 33)
- Jehovah Eloheeka: The Lord my God. ( Exodus 20 vs 2)
- Jehovah Mekaddisk kem: The Lord my Sanctifier. ( Exodus 31 vs 12)
- Jehovah Ebenezer: The lord my Help. ( Psalm 121 vs 1)